Visiting your dentist and hygienist on a regular basis is one of the most important things you can do to maintain or improve your oral health and decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems. A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial cleaning appointment. There are many services offered at Dr. Saini's Dental Clinic, including:
- Examination by dentist
- Professional cleaning by a registered dental hygienist
- Oral cancer screening and gum disease evaluation
- Digital X-rays
- Teeth Whitening
- Composite (Tooth Colored) Mercury free fillings
- Porcelain and gold crowns
- Complete and partial dentures
- Root Canal Therapy (Endodontic)
Dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are performed by a registered dental hygienist (RDH). A RDH is a licensed dental professional who specializes in preventive oral health, typically focusing on techniques in oral hygiene.
- The first of these is preventive services to promote and maintain good oral health and overall health.
- The second is educational services to help patients develop behaviors that promote better oral health and help them understand the importance of practicing these behaviors.
- The third type of service provided is therapeutic services which are treatments meant to stop gum and periodontal disease and maintain healthy tissues in the mouth.